Monday, August 2, 2010

Our little man is growing up!!

This will be a very quick post, I just wanted to share all the fun things Noah has been doing lately!

Cute story #1: A couple of weeks ago, Nick and I were driving home from Nick's parents' house after a long weekend. I was talking to my mom on the phone when she told me she wouldn't be able to watch Noah the next day because she needed to stay with my Grandma in the hospital. So, we decided to pull off the exit and sit in a McDonalds parking lot while we got ahold of Nick's parents to see if they could just keep Noah overnight and watch him the next day. They agreed and we began to pull out of the parking lot to go and meet them. Just before Nick pulled out, we heard Noah from the back seat, "Daddy, no...." Nick quickly turned around and said, "What buddy?" To which Noah replied, "Donald's!" It was so cute we had to stop and get him a milk and part of an oatmeal cookie...haha

Cute story #2: About a week ago, we took our buy one get one free hibachi dinner coupons to a japanese place in Cincy. To get Noah to get ready quickly, I told him we were going to get rice (Noah LOVES japanese....he is our child after all.....) As I was putting him in his carseat he looked up at me and said, "Rice?" To which I replied, "Yes, we're going to get rice!" I was pretty shocked since I hadn't mentioned it since before I started getting him ready. The next day, we decided to grab a quick lunch with Nick before he had to work since we wouldn't see him for dinner. We were going to Subway (or some other place like that close to our house) and Nick told Noah we had to get ready because we were going to go eat. Noah quickly exclaimed, "Rice?!" Unfortunately, no rice for lunch that day, but it was SO cute!

Cute story #3: While Nick was playing in the Meacham Cup this past Saturday, Noah and I hung out at my parents' house and did "farm" stuff. While taking a break on the porch, my dad came in for a few minutes. As my dad was leaving he asked my mom what they would be doing the rest of the day. My mom said it was probably up to Noah, but just to make sure, she asked Noah, "Noah, who's the boss? Grandma or Noah?" Noah thought about it for a few seconds and finally said, "Papaw!!" It was hillarious!! :)

Cute story #4: Picking Noah up from the nursery at church the other day, we walked in and saw Noah....calmly walking around with one shoe on and one shoe off, carrying the shoe that was off. Nick and I both said, "Noah, ready to go?" He turned around with the biggest smile on his face and ran to the door. One of the workers picked him up, checked his number and handed him to us. At this point I usually say, "Noah, tell them 'Thank you'." But this time, the lady handed Noah to me and he quickly turned around, put his hand to his mouth and said, "Thank you!" (Only it sounded a little more like "Thant you!" It was an awesome "Mommy moment..." My heart melted!! So sweet!

Final Cute/Big boy story: Noah was eating lunch today and I was counting out a few french fries for him. I quietly put 1 on his plate, then another, then another....and Noah says "three...." (I didn't even know he was counting (I hadn't said a word!) So I then started counting out loud....
Dawn: "four, five...."
Noah: "Six!"
Dawn: "seven, eight...."
Noah: "Nine!"
Together: "Ten!"
I was SO proud! What another awesome "Mommy moment"....My heart literally warms just thinking about it. What an amazing way for God to show me in that tiny little moment how everything is worked out and how everything is so worth all the work and effort we put into it. Noah is such an amazing blessing!


Nick turned the big 3-0 last week! This is a picture of Noah wiping his face after his Montgomery Inn ribs.... :)



No comments: