Friday, October 23, 2009

Home from School!

So, Nick was feeling under the weather today....possibly the flu....so I stayed home from rotations to spend the day with Noah so that Nick could rest (and keep his germs away from Noah.) I was a little bummed because today is my last day with the Internal Med In patient team, and I was looking forward to telling everyone "Goodbye" and also Team Lunch with Dr. Weisfelder and Team C at Via Vite (I've never been there, and it looks sooo good!) But I am very happy to fulfill my wifely/mommy-ly duties and take care of my boys....So while Noah naps, I thought I'd blog for just a minute and update some events that are LONG overdue!

First of all, we still haven't posted pictures from Noah's first birthday! We had such a great time with family and friends! It was so wonderful to celebrate such a special day with people we love. The fact that we have been blessed with this amazing little guy for a whole year makes us so thankful that the Lord brought him into our lives. His sweet personality and contagious laugh make each new day even more special than the last.....Anyway, here are some pictures from the day!




It took Noah a little while to really want to eat the cake....he might be like his mommy in that respect....




He finally got into it.....then had to be majorly cleaned up!









This is Noah playing on the playset Mommy and Daddy got him!


Whitney Sheets made a FANTASTIC cake that got so many wonderful comments! I have to post it, it was adorable!




This isn't the best shot of the cake, but the really good ones are on my mom's camera and I haven't had time to get them....it was the BEST Noah's Ark cake EVER!! Thanks Whitney!


Also, Grampa Smith had some work problems come up and couldn't make it that day to the party, so we had a special "repeat" first birthday the day after so he could celebrate Noah's special day with us, too. Here are some pictures from that.







Another special event we need to catch everyone up on is Noah's first haircut! He did SO great! He didn't cry at all and smiled most of the time. He got to sit in a little car and the girl who cut his hair was so sweet.....Here are a couple of befores and afters. Now that we're finally posting on here it's almost time to get his hair cut again!


We also went to Kinman Farms (a little place kind of like Huber Farms just a few minutes from our house) and picked pumpkins and went on a hayride and pet some animals at a petting zoo....We took several pictures and they're very cute. We'll try to get those up soon...and we'll probably put more on facebook as soon as we can....

Anyway, that's about as much catching up as I have time for.....time to get back to my boys...(and some much needed studying.) Take care everyone! Write again soon....Dawn

No comments: